Please choose one of the following 3 options
About Access Assessment Centres
Access Assessment Centres is a group of assessment centres for students who require a Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) study needs assessment. The DSA is designed to assist with the additional study costs incurred as a result of a disability.
What is a disability?
For the purposes of the DSA, a disability can include:
- dyslexia, dyspraxia, AD(H)D (specific learning difficulties)
- mental health difficulties
- physical impairment or mobility issues
- unseen disability or long-standing illness (for example diabetes, epilepsy, cancer, HIV, chronic heart disease)
- two or more impairments and/or disabling medical conditions
- autism spectrum disorder
- visual or hearing impairment